STEM Society is a student group that provides service learning opportunities that inspire youth (9th – 12th grade) to consider career pathways related to environmental STEM careers, while giving back to their communities as environmental stewards. STEM Society empowers its participants to achieve through opportunities for volunteering, college and career resources, leadership development, internship connections, and scholarships. This program is great for the student looking to build skills track volunteer time.
Possible upcoming activities:
- Armchair Botanist: Teen edition(Online volunteer transcribing).
- Career exploration webinars with leading botanical researchers.
- Volunteer opportunities in the garden with horticulture specialist.
Want to be apart of STEM Society for the 2020-2021 school year?
Membership Enrollment Deadline: Friday, September 26, 2020
Membership is free.*
*Note: STEM Society participants must have a minimum of 20 service/ learning hours per membership year in order to participate in a leadership retreat held at the end of the membership year. Membership year begins in September.
How do I apply to STEM Society?
Follow these easy steps!
- Complete Online Enrollment
- Sign up for volunteer orientation.
- Provide all signatures for parent/guardian permission.
- Sign up to volunteer/learn!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on STEM Society.