Position Purpose The purpose of the position is to facilitate BRIT field study trips for school aged children (grades K-12th).
- Assist in the delivery of seasonal field study trips at BRIT and the Fort Worth Botanical Garden.
- Assist in the set-up and tear down of field study trips and prepare materials for the program.
- Communicate with teachers and chaperones to ensure the best field trip experience possible for students.
Position Type, Expected Hours of Work, Travel
This part-time position is seasonal and only for scheduled field study trip experience. Hours for this position are from 8:30 – 2:30 on the days needed.
This job operates indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of field trips.
- Carry a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Walk at a brisk rate
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum two years’ experience with formal or informal working with students
Preferred Education and Experience
- A degree in the following fields; education or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math), or Physiology
- Basic technology skills
- Growth Mindset
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Flexible and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with others and perform in a team setting
- Punctual and reliable
- Interpersonal skills with excellent customer service approach
BRIT is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. See Employee Handbook for detailed policy.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to meet the BRIT Expectations:
- Participates jointly with supervisor and area director in the employee development process by determining individual outcomes, working to develop and accomplish individual measurable indicators, and contributing to achievement of organizational measurable indicators and outcomes.
- Demonstrates commitment to BRIT by participating in meetings, collaborating with others, contributing skills and abilities to teams, and meeting or exceeding team expectations.
- Follows the BRIT Norms: Step Up Step Back, Solution Minded, Respect, Assume Positive Intent, Be Engaged.
- Consistently utilizes institutional processes and follows policies and procedures, i.e. meeting deadlines, following project processes, adhering to reporting requirements, completing required forms, documenting work hours and projects, publishing work results, etc.
- Makes communication a priority by clearly sharing information; producing quality written communications; contributing to knowledge sharing such as mentoring others and writing public articles for leaflet, website, and publications; interfacing with others in a professional and respectful manner.
- Performs job duties and meets expectations of supervisor and directors including completing tasks, following directions, using time wisely, etc.
How To Apply
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.