General Program Policies
- Adult classes and workshops are for participants 18 and older.
- We endeavor to offer a quality educational experience to each program participant, with class sizes supporting this policy. Registered participants may not bring an unregistered participant of any age to class.
- Onsite registrations, when a class is not sold out, are encouraged.
- If you are unable to attend a virtual class, you have the option to take the class in its recorded version. Upon registration, please note in the memo field that you are unable to attend the class at its scheduled time. The video recording of the class will be emailed to you 3 business days following the actual class; you will have access to this video for two weeks, but no access to the class instructor.
- Members may register for courses at the discounted member rate; guests of members do not qualify for the member rate. Program registration fees include complimentary entry into The Garden the day of the program. Entry to the BRIT building is always free (M – F, 10 am – 4 pm).
- Many classes are held outdoors and may require moderate walking to and from one or more locations. As such we recommend that participants dress in clothes that are appropriate for both indoor and outdoor adventures. If you have questions about physical requirements for a particular class, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants grant permission to Fort Worth Botanic Garden I BRIT and its designees to utilize participant’s image, likeness, actions, or statements in any form taken during a visit to the institution for the purpose of promoting it and its other locations in perpetuity.
- To cancel your registration for a class, please email email@example.com at least ten calendar days prior to the start of that class. You will receive an 85% refund. No refunds are granted less than ten calendar days before the class starts. If you choose, you may gift your seat in the class to a friend or family member; we will need the new participant’s name and email address at least two days prior to the class.
- Payment for your class reserves your seat and allows us to secure the instructor. If you are late for class, your seat will be reserved; we do not transfer your seat to walk-in participants. Partial refunds or transfers are not available for unattended classes.
- In the event that Adult Education must cancel a class, you will be notified email and will have several options: we can transfer your ticket to another class right away (or classes, so long as the new value does not exceed the original value), issue a credit to be applied to another class or classes in the same calendar year, or provide a refund. This applies to classes that do not meet the minimum registrant requirement, which sometimes occurs.
- A class is cancelled if it does not meet the minimum registration requirement two business days prior to the class.
- Register early to help ensure that the class you want is not cancelled due to low enrollment, and encourage your friends to do the same!
Inclement Weather Policy
- A rain date is designated for all outdoor classes and workshops; rain dates are clearly noted on class registration pages, just below the class information. It is the registrant’s responsibility to note a class rain date and plan for its potential use.
- A class or workshop will be cancelled if heavy rain and/or lightning is present. Light rain typically does not necessitate the use of a rain date. During times of snow and ice, rain dates will be used for indoor and outdoor classes if the Garden must close. The decision to utilize a rain date is made no later than 2 pm the day before a class is scheduled and registrants are notified via email if a class will be postponed.
- Refunds are not granted for registrants unable to attend a rain date. If you chose, you may gift your seat in the class to a friend or family member; we will need the new participant’s name and email address at least two days prior to the rescheduled class.
By registering online, over the phone, or in person, you are agreeing to the policies outlined above.