$60k-$70k Annual Salary
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden|Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks a Full Time Sr. Accounting Coordinator who is responsible for the financial operations of the organization and provides key financial input for strategic planning. The person in this position must be of impeccable character with the ability to earn the trust and confidence of executive and board leadership. The Sr. Accounting Coordinator is accountable for the payroll and accounting operations of the organization including accurate data input and recordkeeping; the production of financial reports; and ensuring adequate controls and budgets are in place designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and certify that reported results comply with GAAP. This position is also responsible for developing finance and accounting policies and ensuring employee adherence to internal policies/procedures and audit requirements.
- Serves on the Director’s Council and participates in organizational strategic planning as directed by the Executive Vice President
- Monitors compliance with all bylaws and other corporate regulatory documents
- Serves, with consent of the CEO, as liaison with outside legal counsel on legal and compliance matters
- In collaboration with Vice President of Operations, oversees contract and procurement process, reviews contracts and agreements, refers to outside counsel as required and approved by the CEO.
- Oversight of grant administration and ongoing compliance of the Federal Indirect Rate and SAM
Financial Accounting Functions:
- Creates, implements, and oversees necessary financial controls
- Oversee all aspects of financial reporting and accounting, including preparation of monthly budget reports and financial reports for internal and external use
- Prepares ad hoc financial reports and invoices requested by staff and vendors
- Leads project and cost accounting processes and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into BRIT’s business plans
Management Accounting Functions:
- Participates in the Review and Approval Process for purchase orders, travel authorizations, position requisition requests, and personnel action forms
- Reviews and approves weekly check runs and deposits
- Oversees and reviews monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and monthly journal entries
- Prepares quarterly budget reports for all boards; works with Foundation Board representatives to coordinate quarterly Endowment Roll Report
- Directs the organizational budget development process and provides recommendations and strategies for efficient allocation of the institution’s financial resources
- Prepares annual Operating Endowment Draw request to the Foundation and provides Endowment Draw reporting to the Operations and Foundation boards
- Oversees cash management and cash forecasts on short and long-term basis as required for the scale of operations and to include restricted accounts
Tax Accounting Functions:
- Coordinate’s auditors/tax professionals’ preparation of annual IRS form 990
Internal Auditing Account Functions:
- Leads annual audit process for BRIT Operating, BRIT Foundation, and BRIT Landowner
- Processes biweekly payroll; monitors payroll tax payments and payroll tax compliance
- Coordinates yearend payroll tasks including IRS W-2 forms for employees
- Supervises the Accounting Coordinator
- Oversees Grants Administration
- Supervises other positions as added from time
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field is required along with a minimum of 5 years experience in accounting management or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Please see full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.