$16.70/hr Minimum Starting Pay
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks a Full-Time Horticulturist to work on the south end of the garden overseeing the iconic old entrance, the native forest boardwalk, the north vista Spirit of Woman bed, the long bed and the future display beds along the soon to be renovated Old Garden Road. The purpose of this position is to contribute through horticultural practices maintaining the highest aesthetic standards expected by institution and to provide the highest level of guest experience possible.
- Planting, weeding, watering, mulching beds.
- Mowing and edging small turf areas.
- Applying fertilizers and pesticides.
- Minor irrigation work such as sprinkler and lateral line repairs.
- Working with senior staff to design and order seasonal color plants and bulbs.
- Working with senior staff to identify, diagnose and recommend treatment for pests and diseases.
- The use of landscape tools and equipment as required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required as is the use of a computer for completing certain tasks and assignments.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
- HS diploma/GED supplemented by college-level course work in Horticulture or related field.
- Two years of responsible experience in a professional garden or nursery environment selecting and applying pesticides, planting, and pruning.
- Experience with common insects, diseases, weeds, and use of fertilizer sprayers, seed spreaders and pesticide equipment.
Please see full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit an application (and/or resume) and a cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.