The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) is seeking a Part-Time Security Guard for our Operations team.
As a Security Guard, you would ensure the safety and security of both our facilities and our guests. We rely on our Security to make our guests feel comfortable and safe at the Gardens. Customer Service is at the forefront of our organizational mission and our officers are one of the many faces of this commitment. If you love making guests feel welcome and have a dedication to ensuring the safety of the facilities in your care, we think you might be a great fit for our team.
Some of the daily responsibilities we rely on our Security Guards to perform are:
- Maintain a secure, healthy, and safe working environment by ensuring the policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintains daily security logs and prepares incident reports.
- Provides information for customers and reports safety concerns to management to have them rectified.
- Assists coordination of special events and provides escorts when needed.
- Prepares a variety of incident and inspection reports. Maintains and updates various records and logs.
- Maintains safety and security of assigned facility. Conducts routine inspections for violations of security regulations, vandalism, trespassing, and tagging. Checks locked doors and gates.
- Welcomes and directs visitors to proper place and answers customer inquiries.
- Responds to emergencies including medical problems, criminal activity, and related traffic control opportunities.
- Trains and assists substitutes or second shift officers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in security or law enforcement
- AED, CPR, and First Aid training
Special Position Requirements include:
- Must maintain current Texas Driver’s License and auto related liability insurance
- Appropriate certification/license or ability to obtain certification/license may be required depending on assignment
Please see full job description for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please download the linked application and submit the completed form (and/or a resume) and cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.