$17.00/hr Minimum Starting Pay
About the Position
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden|Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks a Full-Time maintenance worker who is responsible for maintaining the buildings, and equipment; making cosmetic, mechanical and structural repairs as needed, and doing whatever is necessary to keep the facilities running smoothly. This individual is a jack of all trades. Mostly the job consists of preventive maintenance and repairs, but also includes receiving deliveries, sorting mail, running errands, helping with setup and teardown of meeting spaces, janitorial as needed and occasionally scheduling automated systems for HVAC, security and lighting.
- The Maintenance Worker is responsible to prepare the facilities for events by attending weekly rentals meetings, staying informed of schedules and moving/setting up tables & chairs, aiming track lights, adjusting lighting, HVAC, sound settings, scheduling locking and unlocking of various doors and gates.
- The Maintenance Worker will regularly perform mechanical tasks such as: changing light bulbs & ballasts, A/C filters, cleaning HVAC equipment, locks, drawers, light electrical and plumbing repairs, furniture repairs, hanging pictures, etc.
- The Maintenance Worker will also perform cosmetic building tasks on the interiors and exteriors such as: paint repair & touchup, drywall patching, window washing, replacing ceiling tiles, repairs to signage, controlling wasps and ants, cleaning surfaces, etc.
- The Maintenance Worker will assist unstopping toilets, sinks and drains, cleaning up spills, and sorting recycling into totes.
- Organizing and inventorying parts and supplies (light bulbs, lighting ballasts, chair parts, painting supplies, cleaning supplies, masks, hand sanitizer, plumbing parts, etc.)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
A HS diploma/GED with specialized training with at least two years’ experience in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, lighting carpentry, painting or facility related trade.
Please see full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit an application (and/or resume) and a cover letter as a single document to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.