$24.00/hr Minimum Starting Pay
About the Position
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden|Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks a Master Electrician. The position would report to our Trades Operations Manager. The position performs skilled maintenance, installation, and fabrication tasks in the electrician trade. Provides technical support to assigned supervisory personnel. Leads and participates in maintenance, repair, renovation, new construction, and installation of electrical equipment at FWBG|BRIT and the Botanic Garden
- Plans and participates in all phases of rough and finished wiring work involved in the installation of conduits, wires, pull boxes, switchboards and switches required by new or existing electrical systems.
- Tests, locates, and repairs trouble in electrical circuits and equipment.
- Repairs and replaces motors, pumps, generators and other fixtures or appliances
- Develops work plans and schedules for the provision of services in the assigned area
- Performs all electrical repairs and orders all electrical supplies
- Works with contractors to complete complex electrical projects
- Assist in establishing preventative maintenance schedule for equipment
- Assist in general maintenance and repairs needed for facilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education & Experience
A HS diploma/GED with specialized training with at least two years of electrical trade experience is mandatory. Preference will be given to individuals with a masters electrical license.
Please see full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit a cover letter and an application (and/or resume) as a single document to: email@example.com. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.