The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) is seeking a temporary, full-time groundskeeper for our Horticulture team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for performing seasonal mowing and edging within the 110- acre botanic garden and will report to and work closely with the ground’s manager. The candidate will perform a wide variety of grounds tasks and provide customer service to guests and other staff.
Some of the daily responsibilities we rely on our Groundskeepers to perform are:
- Assist with mowing and edging.
- Assist with leaf removal.
- Assist with trash removal.
- Assist with watering and weeding tasks.
- Operate and maintain equipment and tools assigned to various tasks.
- Assist Trades and events teams when assigned to those tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- A high school diploma/GED and three years of grounds maintenance and/or construction experience
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance requirements of power-driven equipment and a variety of manual tools
- Experience in maintenance and grounds keeping tasks
Please see full job description for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please download the linked application and submit the completed form (and/or a resume) and cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.