The Botanical Research Institute of Texas (BRIT®) and Fort Worth Botanic Garden invite visitors to celebrate the holiday season at this year’s “Holiday in the Garden” Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. to 5 pm.
The festive event offered throughout the BRIT and Garden campus includes Holiday Sip and Shop, Holiday Tea, Santa in the Garden, Christmas Tree Farm, Opera in the Garden, and a Free Afternoon in the Garden (3 p.m. to 5 p.m.). With an abundant number of local artisans, food trucks, live music and more, this indoor-outdoor event promises to spark holiday spirit.
“We encourage the Fort Worth Community to get into the holiday spirit this season, and what better place to do that than surrounded by a beautiful Garden campus?” said Vice President for Horticulture and Assistant Director Bob Byers. “As with all of our events, this one will ensure social distancing required by the Tarrant County Health Department.”
Event time and details include:
- Holiday Sip and Shop, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Food trucks, live music, artisan market featuring handmade goods for sale
- Free to the public
- Santa in the Garden, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Ho, Ho, Ho! Come say hi to the big guy himself who will be available for outdoor, socially distanced photos
- Free to the public
- Photos with Santa will be available for an additional fee
- Holiday Tea, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Celebrate the holiday with three courses of festive savory and sweet light bites with a pairing of different teas.
- Adults $45, Children $35
- Members receive a 10% discount
- Reservations are required – please call (817)366-1100 or email email@example.com
- Free Afternoon in the Garden, 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Be our guest in the Garden with free admission.
- Christmas Tree Farm, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Start a new tradition and pick up your holiday tree at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Trees will be delivered the day after Thanksgiving and available for purchase until Christmas or until sold out.
- Opera in the Garden, 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Experience the magic of the holiday season in song with a strolling performance by the Fort Worth Opera.
This event will follow Tarrant County and CDC guidelines (social distancing, temperature checks upon entering buildings, sanitizing stations, and masks will be required indoors).