The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) seeks a Full Time Custodial Maintenance Worker for the Operations department. Our Custodial Maintenance Workers perform a variety of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance, and cleaning of assigned facilities; participates in garden maintenance task. They ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures. They additionally assist in training and monitoring lower-level employees.
- Performs a variety of janitorial duties such as sweep, mop, scrub floors and operate cleaning equipment as needed, Dust and polish fixtures and equipment, wash windows, walls, and mirrors.
- Cleans and sanitizes drinking fountains and restrooms; replenishes and maintains restroom supplies including soap dispensers, tissue, and towels.
- Clean and maintains outside areas around the restrooms; collet trash and participate in light landscaping activities as required.
- Performs some grounds keeping duties, which include mowing clean up, pond cleaning, and watering plants.
- Assembles and disassembles traffic control pylons, barriers, and signs; assists with traffic control activities as assigned.
- Cleans debris from outdoor areas, collects and hauls trash, garbage, and debris as required.
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
- Assist supervisor with supply and chemical inventories and helps plan ordering of supplies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Special Position Requirements
- Employee must maintain current Texas Driver’s License and auto-related liability insurance.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate certification or license may be required depending on assignment.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma/GED and three years of general maintenance and/or construction experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of housekeeping and sanitation methods.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of grounds maintenance work.
- Understanding of occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Ability to understand and follow general departmental policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of proper techniques and uses of a variety of hand tools.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and City laws, codes, and regulations
- Skilled in operating assigned equipment and various tools.
- Experience monitoring assigned activities and operations.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and schematics.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit an application (and/or resume) and a cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.