$47K Min. Starting Salary
About the Position
The Fort Worth Botanic Garden | Botanical Research Institute of Texas (FWBG|BRIT) invites applications for an originative, innovative, and engagement-focused science Librarian.
FWBG|BRIT seeks an individual with skills and technology to advance the research library inside BRIT and out, augment collection development and cultivate library usage and guest services, promote cross-departmental collaboration, build awareness for scope and depth of library collections, and promote community engagement beyond the FWBG|BRIT campus.
The Librarian will be responsible for:
- Collection care and curation (housing, compactors, digitization, conservation treatments, climate control, etc.) and processing (acquisitions, donations, de-accessioning, etc.).
- Engagement through programming that highlights the collections: exhibitions, lectures, readings, and tours; to illustrate and demonstrate to the public the importance and value of the collections.
- Service by sharing expertise and resources across the Library & Info. Science Field: sharing knowledge and materials at the local, regional, national, and international level; mentorship to Library of Science students through Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) practicum internships; location for hosting LIS and CBHL (2023) conferences.
- Actively seeking/securing funding/support through grants and private donors; board and donor development.
- Collection development.
- Managing archive collections.
- Maintaining and providing content for the library web page.
- Preparing and submitting annual library budget.
- Providing reference, interlibrary loan, instruction, and other information services to library users.
- Training and managing library volunteers.
- Overseeing the Burk Children’s Library.
- May participate in personal library research projects and other professional development activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
A Master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited library school is required along with…
- Experience in organizing and managing projects
- Excellent computer and database skills; data management
- Experience working in a library or other collection-based organization
Please see full job description below for a more detailed list of job tasks and applicant qualifications.
FWBG|BRIT strives to maintain a positive working environment focused on growth and success of individuals, working together in a collaborative, professional manner, with communication a priority. To apply, please submit an application (and/or resume) and a cover letter as a single document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered until the position is filled. FWBG|BRIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.